VMware provides ESXi 6.0 License Key as a free version of their Hypervisor ESXi for everyone, in this post I will guide you how to apply VMware Free License to VMware ESXi 6.0. Even though the product is offered for free of charge, it should be licensed. else, it sets up as Sixty days trial, which usually expires after 60 days, from VMware website we can create the ESXi free license key.
Free VMware ESXi 6.0 Limitations:
1. Cannot be managed by vCenter server (Can manage by vSphere client)
2. Maximum of 8 vCPU per VM
3. Unlimited cores per CPU
4. Unlimited physical Memory
5. Dose not offers HA, vMotion etc..,
Learn more about: Difference between VMware vSphere 6 and 5.x
How to Apply VMware ESXi Free License:
As I mentioned early, VMware Hypervisor expires after 60 days, so we need to enter the serial number within this 60 days period.
1. Go to VMware Hypervisor (ESXi free) 6.0 download page.
2. Login or create an account
3. Download ESXi ISO Image
4. Get ESXi license: “VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6 License”
4. After ESXi 6.0 installation.
5. Login into vSphere Client
6. Go to Configuration -> Licensed Features
7. Click Edit… and enter your license key
I trust this article helpful for you. Thank you for studying!!. Be Social and share it in social media,if you really feel worth sharing it.