ESXi Free Web client interface allows you to control ESXi host via web client with no need of vCenter server. It allows to manage a ESXi host without the need of the legacy Windows client. The utility is bundled as a vib and could be installed on ESXi host.
What ESXi FREE Web Client Interface can do?
- VM operations (Power on, off, reset, suspend, etc).
- Creating a new VM, from scratch or from OVF/OVA (limited OVA support)
- Configuring NTP on a host
- Configuring host networking
- Displaying summaries, events, tasks and notifications/alerts
- Configuring host services
- Providing a console to VMs
- Configuring host advanced settings
Install VMware Host Client:
1. Download the VMware Host Client Standalone VIB
2. Uploaded into ESXi host datastore
Select the host, Configuration tab, Storage and right click esxi datastore then click Browse Datastore,
3. Enable SSH in ESXi host
Under Configuration tab, Security Profile, click properties (Services) and enable SSH service
4. Login into ESXi host and run the below command to install the downloaded Host Client Standalone VIB
esxcli software vib install -v /vmfs/volumes/ESXi1-Datastore/esxui-2976804.vib
5. Login into ESXi Web Client Interface
I hope this article provides you the information about, ESXi FREE Web Client Interface. Thank you for studying!!. Be Social and share it in social media,if you really feel worth sharing it.