In this post let us see how to create Amazon EC2 Windows Instances, With Amazon EC2, you are able to create and manage the OS (operating system), an instance is really a virtual server in the AWS cloud. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2 instance) provides scalable computing capacity within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
How to create Amazon EC2 Windows Instances
Get an Amazon EC2 for free using the AWS Free Tier, it won’t cost (ec2 instance pricing) you anything to finish this training.
Steps to launch an Amazon EC2 instances:
1. Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/and choose Launch Instance.
2. Select an Amazon Machine Image (AMI), for example, we have selected the Windows_Server-2008-R2_SP1-English-64Bit-Base-2018.03.06 AMI
3. Make sure you have selected “Free tier eligible” and click Review and Launch
4. Under Security Groups:
a. click “Edit security groups”
b. Choose, Assign a security group to Create a new security group
c. Provide “Security group name and Description” for our convenience
>>Type as RDP
My IP – Server can access only from you IP-address
Anywhere – Server can access from anywhere in the world
Custom – Provide CIDR range
e. Click Review and Launch
5. Click Launch
6. In click Review and Launch
7. Select an existing keypair or create a new key pair
Here we are creating a new key pair, provide a key pair name as Sysadminview and click download key pair.
(You have to download the private key file (*.pem file) before you can continue. Store it in a secure and accessible location. You will not be able to download the file again after it’s created.)
8. Click View Instances
9. Click Connect to open “Connect to Your Instance”
9a. Click “Download Remote Desktop file” to download RDP file
9b. Click “Get Password”, choose the downloaded sysadminview.pem file and click Decrypt Password
It will provide you the Administrator password
10. Now using the downloaded RDP file you can access your windows server.
I hope this article provides you the information about, How to create Amazon EC2 Windows Instances. Thank you for studying!!. Be Social and share it on social media, if you really feel worth sharing it.