Let us see how to create Amazon EC2 Linux Instances, an instance is really a virtual server in the AWS cloud. With Amazon EC2, you are able to create and manage the OS (operating system) and applications which run on your AWS ec2 instances, you will get an Amazon EC2 for free using the AWS Free Tier, it won’t cost (ec2 instance pricing) you anything to finish this training.
What is EC2 Instance?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2 instance) provides scalable computing capacity within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. You may use Amazon EC2 to launch numerous of virtual servers as you want, configure security as well as networking, and manage storage. Amazon EC2 allows you to scale up or down to deal with alterations in needs.
How to create Amazon EC2 Linux Instances
To launch an Amazon EC2 instances:
1. Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/and choose Launch Instance.
2. Choose an Amazon Machine Image (AMI), for example, we have selected the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 AMI
3. Choose an Instance Type as Free tier only and click Review and launch3a. Click “Edit security groups”
3b. Select Assign a security group as “Create a new security group”
3c. Provide a “Security group name” and “Description” (if required/else go with default)
4. Review Instance and click Launch
5. Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair
Select “Create a new key pair” from the drop-down, provide a “Key pair name: Sysadminview” then download the Key Pair and click Launch Instances (it will launch our EC2 Redhat Linux instances).
Perform the below steps to connect to our Instance
6. Open PuTTy Key Generator
We are going to generate private key from the public key(which we downloaded on 5th Step)
7. Click load on PuTTy Key Generator, Choose “All Files (*.*) and select the downloaded *.pem file
8. Click ok, and click Save private key (If required you can specify Key passphrase) and save it as ppk.
9. Get the Public DNS name from your aws console
10. Open Putty, go to Connection -> SSH -> Auth
In Private Key file for authentication, browse for a *.ppk file which we created.
11. Enter the Public DNS name in putty hostname and click Open
Default username is: ec2-user
Example Hostname: email@example.com
Successfully we connected to our Amazon EC2 instances
I hope this article provides you the information about, How to create Amazon EC2 Linux Instances. Thank you for studying!!. Be Social and share it on social media, if you really feel worth sharing it.