What is Apache Cordova?
Cordova offers one platform for building hybrid mobile phone applications therefore we can develop one app which will be utilized on various mobile platform such as Android, Windows Phone, IOS, Amazon-fireos, blackberry, Firefox OS, Ubuntu and tizien.
How to install Cordova and set up environment:
2. Open Git CMD (command prompt)
3. To download and install Cordova module, enter the following command on GIT
To verify the cordova version
4. After installation of Cordova, open the directory where do you want to create the app using command prompt and run the following command to create app
AndroidProject – Main directory name
com.sysadminview.app – default reverse domain value
Sysadminview – Title of your app
5. Go into the AndroidProject folder
6. We are developing on windows, we can use the following platforms.
There are other platforms that can be used on windows OS.
Developing Apache Cordova on Mac:
To remove platform from your project
7. Open the AndroidProject folder, platform and android
This is your Android Platforms
8. Open Android Studio, select Import project (Eclipse ADT, Gradle, etc)
9. Select your folder and click ok
10. In project, goto assets, www and select index.html
12. Click the play button on the tool bar to run the Virtual device
13. Click Create New Virtual Device and select the device
14. Android Emulator will open with our application